Location: Dayton, OH
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 557713
Date Added: 04/26/2023
Originates and develops analysis methods to determine maintenance demands for components, equipment and processes. Acquires and analyzes data. Prepares diagrams, charts, drawings, calculations and reports to define reliability problems and make recommendations for improvements as well as reducing outages. Conducts an analysis of reliability problems and investigates to determine the required reliability approach for the particular situation, with consideration given to the cost limitations for equipment uptime/downtime, repair/replacement costs and weight, size and availability of materials/equipment. Determines cost advantages of alternatives and develops action plans that comply with internal/external customer demands for reliability processes/equipment to avoid failures.
The successful candidate will be responsible to achieve “Maintenance Excellence” which can be measured by zero unplanned downtime on all equipment, successful total preventative and predictive maintenance plan and a cost effective plan for critical spares inventory.
- Works under broad administrative instructions; provides in-house consulting activities to advise and counsel personnel on a variety of complicated processes/procedures, supported by detailed calculations and guided by cost-effective decisions and recommendations.
- Develops a strategic but cost effective plan for critical spares inventory.
- Establishes good maintenance practices and trains others to promulgate the concepts across the organization.
- Plans, conducts and directs engineering research and development projects of major significance that are very complex in nature and require expert application of advanced engineering knowledge from several different fields; resolves difficult root cause failure analysis to prevent future failures.
- Designs and develops new and unique engineering methods and procedures, special equipment, innovative test procedures and special analysis of failure techniques, and communicates these advanced concepts in detailed technical reports that are used in the supervision and education of maintenance personnel
- Designs and develops comprehensive equipment replacement strategies the stay within time and budget constraints
- Represents the company at outside discussions and technical forums while working with a wide latitude for unreviewed actions and decisions expected from a seasoned engineer.
- Follows company safety and health guidelines and other company policies.
- Performs other work as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering field and/or equivalent experience in education and training.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in maintenance or equipment reliability monitoring
- Ability to supervise, train and mentor maintenance employees
- A valid driver’s license, a good driving record, and the ability to legally operate a vehicle for company business.
- Demonstrated application and commitment of customer satisfaction.
- Good interpersonal oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to maintain professional conduct when dealing with customers, peers, company representatives and suppliers.
- Demonstrated self-starter and effective planning and organization skills.
- Ability to participate as a member of a team, crossing department, divisional and company lines.
- Ability to use PC and job related software/programs for programming, design and documentation/record keeping.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and evening hours as demanded by project deadline requirements.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid United States passport and out-of-country work visas. Require clear criminal and driving records.
- Manufacturing work environment which includes; moving mechanical machine parts, potentially loud equipment, with exposure to a variety of non-hazardous and hazardous chemicals and airborne particles.
- Hands-on work with machine tool equipment.
- Computer screen viewing and keyboard entry.
- Employee requirement to utilize safety guidelines and procedures.
- Lifting up to 50lbs, pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, standing, climbing, step stool climbing
The Reliability Engineer will report directly to the Vice President/General Manager of the business unit. On a matrix basis, there will be evolving relationships with the leaders of Production, Engineering and Facilities.
Submit resumes to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Connecting People With Opportunities
We bring jobseekers and companies together to create successful matches. Invest in your future. Advance your career with BelFlex.