BelFlex Staffing is hiring for Journeyman Sheet Metal Installers for a company located in Hebron KY.
1st shift 7am-3:30pm
Monday-Friday (overtime as needed)
Installs and repairs sheet metal products and equipment, such as roof top units, diffusers/grills , and furnaces casings, according to job order or blueprints.
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Journeyman’s License (Preferred)
Selects gage and type of sheet metal according to product being fabricated and knowledge of metal. Locates and marks dimension and reference lines on metal sheet, Sheet Metal Layout Worker. Sets up and operates fabricating machines, such as shears, brakes, bending rolls, and punch and drill presses’ to cut, bend, and straighten sheet metal. Shapes metal over anvils, blocks, or forms, using hammer. Sets up and operates soldering and welding equipment to join together sheet metal parts. Smooths seams, joints, or burred surfaces, using files and portable grinder or buffer. Installs assemblies in plant or worksite according to blueprint specifications using hand tools and portable power tools. Inspect assemblies and installation for conformance with specifications, using measuring instruments, such as calipers, scales, and micrometer. May be designated according to type of metal used or according to type of activity.
Workers should be able to:
- Work within precise standards of accuracy. Rate information using standards which can be measured or checked. Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
- Look at flat drawings or pictures and understand how they would look as solid objects and follow oral and written directions, plans and blueprints.
Physically workers must be able to:
- See well (either naturally or with correction)
- Use hands, arms and fingers fully
- Climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffolding
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl or work at heights as required.
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally more.
Completion of apprenticeship program required.
Job Type: Full-time (DIRECT HIRE)
Salary: $26.00 – $33.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 – 50 per week
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed