Location: Vandalia, Ohio
BelFlex has an exciting direct hire opportunity as a Production Supervisor at new Vandalia, Ohio facility near Dayton International Airport.
The Production Supervisor will direct supervision of all production operations in assigned department(s), flow line(s), cell(s) or area(s), including interviewing, hiring, training, and developing employees. Planning, assigning, and directing work each day based on demand. Appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing concerns and working with the Value Stream Manager to resolve problems. Responsible for ensuring the efficient and safe operation of the production department while maintaining high-quality standards and meeting production targets.
- BS preferred, or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum five years in a production environment with a minimum of two years effectively leading others
- Must have strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to supervise others.
- Provide guidance, development, and motivation to staff to achieve superior results and accomplish overall business objectives
- Strong organizational and time management skills and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to plan, prioritize, organize and accomplish a diversified workload.
- Must be highly collaborative and able to work in a team-based environment.
- Must foster open communication and support an environment of innovation and creative change.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Possess knowledge of manufacturing processes and quality control methods.
- Proficient in using production management software and tools.
- Safety Compliance: Ensure a safe working environment by enforcing safety protocols, conducting regular safety meetings, and addressing any safety concerns promptly.
- Determines staffing requirements based on the production plan. Provides recommendations on hiring and owns scheduling shift coverage. Plan and coordinate production schedules to meet customer demands and optimize resource utilization.
- Establishes and maintains employee performance standards. This role will lead, motivate, and supervise a team of production workers, including assigning tasks, driving accountability, providing guidance, and coaching, and conducting performance evaluations.
- Quality Control: Implement and maintain quality control procedures to ensure products meet or exceed quality standards and specifications. Address production issues and equipment malfunctions.
- Production Oversight: Monitor production activities, including equipment setup, raw material handling, and assembly processes to ensure efficient and timely production.
- Process Improvement: Identify opportunities for process improvements, cost reduction, and efficiency enhancements, and implement changes as needed. Fostering continuous improvement mindset
- Reporting: Prepare production reports, including LegrandWay productivity metrics, quality data, and production costs, and provide regular updates to management.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required.
To apply send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out an application at belflex.com choosing the Dayton Oh office location and attaching your resume.
We bring jobseekers and companies together to create successful matches. Invest in your future. Advance your career with BelFlex