Raleigh based linen company in partnership with WAKEMED/REX Hospitals is in need of a well rounded Production Supervisor!
Schedule: Wednesday-Saturday 530am-430pm
This position is responsible for executing plant objectives including production, safety, associate development, and quality. This position will also manage a staff ranging 20 to 35 full-time employees and temporary hourly employees in the production operations.
- Supervise all facets of production to maintain required productivity and compliance with safety regulations.
- Develop and train operators of all equipment to ensure consistent performance.
- Uphold quality standards.
- Maintain department in clean, orderly, safe fashion.
- Document and record associate production, time, safety incidents, absenteeism, and corrective actions, and incident reports promptly and accurately.
- Participates in and leads safety meetings and ensures proper use of equipment.
- As needed, operates equipment, and performs duties related to the success operation of the department.
- Provide daily work assignments, using “head-count” sheet.
- Assists Plant Manager with performing special projects as needed.
- Assist and perform other duties as assigned.
- MUST HAVE PRIOR LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
- High School Education or GED, some college or formal education and training preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge and the willingness to learn new computer applications.
- Experience with employee relations and team building.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in manufacturing, production, or service industry with supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a noisy fast paced environment.
- Ability to bend, stoop, push, stand, pull, and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift moderately heavy objects up to 35 lbs.
- Willingness to work evenings, night shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be comfortable at giving and receiving open feedback.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Positive “can do” attitude with the ability to lead a team and positively influence a team.
If this sounds like YOU, please give us a call at 919-359-2284!