Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 558341
Date Added: 05/26/2023
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the timely and accurate processing and payment of company payrolls and 401k funding. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience processing company payroll.
$30.00/hr + OT
- Timely and accurate processing and payment of company payrolls, including union contract compliance, as applicable, and 401k funding.
- Reconcile 401k amounts within the payroll system to the funding requirements per 401k service provider. Address any discrepancies immediately, directly with the 401k service provider.
- Prepare payroll disbursement requests as applicable for union dues and charity deductions.
- Work with payroll service provider to inform/provide necessary information related to wage garnishments or child support programs.
- Prepare and/or post journal entries into the accounting system as needed.
- Ensure accuracy of W-2’s, prior to finalizing annually.
- Prepare quarterly and/or annual reports as needed for governmental compliance, including Census, Bureau of Labor Statistics, workers’ compensation, benefit plan audits, and others as needed.
- Regularly review and update JSOX documentation related to the payroll and 401k processes as necessary and ensure compliance with all Key Financial Controls as stated in the documentation.
- Regularly review and update company policies which may have payroll and/or payroll tax implications as necessary and ensure compliance with all governing tax authorities.
- Timely and accurately prepare monthly/quarterly/annually assigned account reconciliations.
- Continuously seek ways to improve the performance of our facility’s operations and ensure that customers’ (both internal and external) needs are met.
- Assist in special projects and perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Some overtime may be required.
- Associate’s in Accounting required or equivalent experience may be considered.
- Certified Payroll Professional accreditation is strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a payroll function is required.
- Experience using ADP and/or Kronos is preferred.
- Experience working with Union payroll preferred
- Proficiency in time management and organizational skills is required.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong MS Office and personal computer knowledge.
- This position is required to work certain holidays and some limited weekends to assure timely processing and funding of payroll and 401K. Further, absences may be limited depending upon payroll processing cycle needs.
- This position requires strong self-motivation and a need for general supervision.
- Multi-tasking and change-adaptability are a must as various accounting department needs arise.
Medical, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Account
401K + Match
Enhance Employee Assistance Program