Location: Vandalia, Ohio
Job Type: Direct Hire
Pay Rate: $20.00/Hr
Work Hours: 6am-2:30pm
Job Overview: Provide classroom and on the job training specific to the distribution center environment. Training will support performance improvement specific to quality, safety, and productivity. Providing cross training that supports department and facility needs. Conducting evaluations of trainees to ensure processes are being followed.
- 3 or more years distribution experience.
- Previous training experience preferred.
- Material Handling Equipment experience.
- Critical thinking and time management skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- A problem solver who pay attention to details.
- Ability to lead discussions, make presentations and deliver technical results to a non-technical audience.
- Work with a positive attitude and strives for continuous improvement.
- Confidence with decision making and displays professionalism.
- Comfortable onboarding and instructing new team members.
- Collaborate with other departments to always ensure highest quality service.
- Trains employees on job specific and general distribution center processes and procedures
- Trains employees on the safe operation of facility material handling equipment.
- Ensures all employees are trained in an accurate and consistent manner.
- Set a positive safety example in the distribution center.
- Certify team members on Material Handling Equipment (MHE).
- Cross train new and current employees on various job functions.
- Develop new practices/processes to train new and existing employees.
- Investigate and resolve routine problems.
- Utilize good housekeeping processes.
- Perform quality and performance observations.
- Keep supervisors informed of development of team members and problems encountered.
- Ability to work flexible hours and weekends as business requires