Prepares and ships outbound product orders in an accurate, efficient and economical manner to customers in compliance with internal, federal and international shipping guidelines. May also receive material into the manufacturing system by inputting into ERP system and put it away in designated locations.
- At least one year of shipping and receiving experience
- Computer Savvy
- Math Skills
- Forklift Certified preferred
- Prepares product for packaging by checking customer order numbers, shipping sequence number, and model numbers against packing list to ensure proper models and quantities are shipped to proper customers. Processes may include weighing, package forming, product inlay, labeling, staging, truck transfer and loading. Utilizes established methods of packaging, packages the product to specification and attaches address labels and carrier information stickers to packages to ensure timely, safe delivery to customers.
- Works with Logistics Specialist to ensure proper paperwork is generated to accurately process product outbound shipment and has the capability to prepare paperwork and schedule logistics independently.
- Schedules pack completion based on truck pick-up schedules for ground/air shipments and helps load trucks or vans to expedite product shipment.
- Inputs data into manifest ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) computer system to generate bills of lading and carrier shipping records and files bills of lading in an effort to trace problem shipments and identify efficient shipments.
- Maintains good housekeeping practices to facilitate orderly, safe, and efficient operations.
- Participates in team process improvement activities and efforts to improve packaging design, process flow, communication, flexibility, efficiency and customer responsiveness.
- Supports production by being aware of material shortages, promptly receiving expedited deliveries and supports incoming inspection to ensure quality materials are delivered to production as quickly as possible. Also works in conjunction with final test operators, supervisors, and logistics specialist to meet the shipping schedule. This pertains to rush, international, domestic, and consolidated shipments.
- Monitors standard packing materials, shipping inventories and shipping supplies in coordination with the Inventory Supervisor and the responsible purchasing agent.
- Assists in outbound procedure creation, updates, and requests using ISO and quality policy guidelines.
- Assists in training new employees on the shipping and packing system methods as well as the shipping system and carrier-oriented software systems. This includes the ERP system and barcoding applications.
- Knows and applies the division’s quality policy and procedures of ISO 9001 as it relates to area of responsibility and the organization. Follows all standard operating procedures as prescribed and notifies appropriate personnel of any non-conformance. Assists in outbound procedure creation, updates, and requests using ISO and quality policy guidelines