Location: Vandalia, Ohio
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 558049
Date Added: 05/11/2023
Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, and reviewing the procedures and equipment involved in the manufacturing process. The duties include researching automation technique, testing new system for efficiency, and planning factory layouts to optimize production.
- Develop, document, and analyze production processes to continuously improve the manufacturing safety, quality, and cost structure of the plant.
- Analyze and plan workflow, equipment placement and space requirement through Kaizens to improve manufacturing efficiency.
- Provide analysis to enable management and other production costs along with reviewing schedules and future production requirements to assist management in decision making.
- Direct equipment troubleshooting activities as needed.
- Evaluate quality control processes to make recommendations and/or to lead quality improvement projects.
- Ensure that the company’s manufacturing processes are in compliance with all government laws and regulations.
- Coordinate equipment maintenance and repair services and make sure that manufacturer’s procedures and instructions are followed in order to keep production equipment operational.
- Other duties as required
- Ability to lead Kaizen teams.
- A lean background with a Continuous Improvement mindset
- Leadership skills
- Teamwork skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Good information technology skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of equipment for purchase, installation and repair.
- Bachelor degree in manufacturing engineerings, system engineering, industrial engineering or mechanical engineering.
- Education in Continuous Improvement /Lean required
- 6 Sigma Training preferred.
- 2 years
- Monday to Friday
We bring jobseekers and companies together to create successful matches. Invest in your future. Advance your career with BelFlex.