Manufacturing / Bulk Flavor Operator
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Category: Manufacturing and General
Employment Type: Temp to Hire
Job ID: 556723
Date Added: 03/02/2023
- Operate semi-automatic machines to pack food product in shipping cartons to ensure continuous line production. Equipment includes Elopak, Evergreen (gable top cartons), All Fill (auger based filling), Plastic container product packaging machines, Matrix (vertical form/fill/seal) and Ishida/Yamato combination scales.
- Perform bulk product packaging (bag-in-a-box) while maintaining high personal output to increase line efficiency.
- Accurately record product traceability information, critical control point (CCP) and product weights on production documentation that complies to SQF, FSMA, and NIST regulations.
- Adapt and react to customer specific packaging specifications/instructions for both domestic and international shipments.
- Perform scheduled sanitation tasks as outlined by the Master Sanitation Schedule.
- Accurately record labor hours against work orders for proper costing of products.
- Other duties as requested.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and implement Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Standardized Sanitary Operating Procedures (SSOP), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act) and SQF (Safe Quality Food).
- Basic computer knowledge used for proper food safety documentation tracking and labor reporting.
- High School Education and 1 – 2 years of related experience or training in the food or beverage industry.