Lumber Yard Manager
EXPERIENCED LUMBER YARD MANAGER with at least 2 years experience needed an hour from Charleston, SC
The Yard Manager is responsible for the supervision of the yard and oversees all receiving, production and shipping building materials. This position is responsible for protecting the company’s investment in the facilities, equipment, and inventory. The Yard Manager is required to perform his/her functions in compliance with all internal controls, policies, and procedures, as well as with all federal and state regulations. This includes but is not limited to compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Department of Transport (DOT) and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). The Yard Manager works under the general direction of the Operations Manager.
Day to Day
- Communicate clearly and effectively with employees, management, and customers.
- Works with the Operations Manager to ensure department is staffed appropriately.
- Works closely with sales team on order issues and resolution.
- Schedules production.
- Ensures accuracy in delivery of materials to job sites.
- Track and monitor inventory status, supply usage, costs, and trends to ensure inventory levels are maintained at established levels.
- Request stock inventory purchases from Inventory Manager.
- Works directly with the Human Resources Department regarding employee relation issues (i.e., counseling, progressive discipline, promotion, demotion, termination).
- Assumes the role of Safety Leader for appointed yard. Performs and assists with compliance training of employees as needed.
- Ensure equipment, surroundings and yard are following company safety practices; for example, ensuring necessary safety guards are on equipment.
- Track and monitor inventory status, supply usage, costs, and trends to ensure inventory levels are maintained at established level.
- Willingness to take on responsibilities, challenges and additional duties as required.
- Minimal travel may be required.
- Have Fun and Enjoy What you do!!
- Great Attitude and a Team Player
- Strong organizational skills; detailed and accurate.
- Ability to anticipate, analyze and proactively solve problems.
- Ability to appropriately prioritize tasks to meet varied and conflicting organization demands.
- Working knowledge of materials and job-site processes used within the construction industry.
- Forklift Certification required.
- Hardworking, Responsible, Motivated.
This position is a Direct Hire opening and pay will depend on experience starting at $80,000.
Apply at www.belflex.com for review of resume Let us help you get hired at your last job ever with a company that has terrific benefits, such as Dental insurance, 401k, Health insurance, Paid time off, Vision insurance, etc.