Belflex Staffing is looking for a 1st shift Forklift Operator.
$18-$20 an hour
Call us today to schedule an interview!
Immediate openings for an experienced Transportation forklift operator. Please read full description of the position.
- Properly load and unload freight using primarily using a forklift. The use of a pallet jack, hand truck or by hand could be likely but not often.
- Strap, brace and pad freight to prevent damage or shifting if applicable
- Responsible for accurately recording the condition of freight as it arrives at the terminal
- Perform pre-shift and post-shift inspection of dock equipment
- Regular attendance is required.
- This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all mental and physical capabilities necessary to perform the job at all times due to circumstances. Operational, safety and other needs may require the employee to perform any and all other duties as assigned. Employees are expected, and must be able to perform all such duties and tasks.
- High School Diploma or General Educational Degree (GED), or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- 18+ years of age
- Experience in the transportation/LTL industry preferred
- Prior operation of a forklift or previous forklift certification preferred
- Physical activities may include: standing, walking, lifting, twisting, turning, etc.
- Must have the ability to move trailers in and out of dock doors by utilizing a manual transmission single axle trailers.
- Must have the ability to work all shifts, must be dependable
- Must be able to comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct
- Must be able to interact well with others
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be capable of working under tight time constraints with multiple priorities
- Responds well to questions; Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, random drug and/or alcohol tests, and will be subject to a criminal history background check
- Must be authorized to work in the United States