Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Observes plant safety rules and assists management in oversight of safety roles.
- Responsible for accurate documentation of all required daily reports such as equipment safety check lists, process efficiency metrics and logs.
- Assists Production Supervisor with overseeing the workforce to ensure daily compliance of all production needs, quality standards and Company policies.
- Conducts and assists others in conduct of investigations to determine causes of quality defects as assigned.
- Responsible for housekeeping so as to maintain production material and mix production areas in a neat and orderly condition and cooperates with shift supervisors in housekeeping endeavors.
- Maintains effective lateral communications with other departments whose work affects that of his/her shift, giving them timely notice of his/her requirements. Responsible for reporting any problems or concerns to their direct Supervisor.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, or others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Minimum 2 (two) to 4 (four) years’ experience in a warehouse environment.
- Minimum 2 (two) years’ leading a team of at least 10 employees.
- Minimum of 1 (one) year experience in production or assembly.
- Good team working skills.
- Ability to lead by example.
- Experience in a leadership manufacturing role.
- Experience operating packaging equipment.
- General mechanical aptitude.
- Bilingual or Spanish speaking a plus.
- Standing and walking approximately 90 (ninety) percent of work time.
- Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
- Willingness to work all/any shifts.
- Typical plant/manufacturing environment with concrete floors and moving equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis.