ELECTRICAL DESIGNER – CAD TECH
Location: Clayton , NC
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 557034
Date Added: 03/20/2023
? Evaluate design specifications for a variety of electrical systems including commercial/ industrial solar energy systems and related components.
? Analyzes electrical single-line diagrams, engineering sketches, specifications, or connection diagrams for electrical, and/or solar electric systems
? Assembles and/or modify drawings using CAD, SolidWorks, or Inventor design software
? Reviews final design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, related specifications.
? Review specifications, Bill of Materials, customer requirements, and manufacturing changes to achieve electrical design and equipment objectives.
? Ensure compliance with relevant industry standards, including UL-compliance, NEC code.
? Evaluates and approve design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
? Provide technical direction or support for field teams
? Assist with Sales team with Interconnection needs and equipment selection
? Create checklists for production work orders for specialty equipment or needs.
The successful candidate will have:
? A high degree of self-discipline, honesty and integrity are key criteria in selection.
An aptitude for working independently in an electronically networked and integrated system is necessary to function with efficiency
Have an Associates or Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Electronics, or related- Engineering field from an accredited college/university, and/or equivalent work/education experience
· 1-2 years working experience in designing, purchasing, or installing electrical equipment
· Have excellent communication skills: phone, email and face to face
· Have a consultative approach towards businesses and understand the need to remain flexible.
· Demonstrate a high level of accuracy at all times
· Have the drive and passion for making the most out of this booming industry.
· Basic knowledge in Electrical Engineering
· Hands-on experience and familiarity in the usage of Auto CAD, Solid Works, or Inventor (drawing software)
· A team player with high a level of dedication
· Strong technical understanding of best practices, industry standards, and the National Electrical Code
· The ideal candidate has experience in LV AC switchboard design
· NABCEP Certified or IREC Certified
· Certifications in Computer Drafting/Design
Eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- 2 years
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Clayton, NC 27520: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Associate (Preferred)
- Electrical Design: 2 years (Required)
- Electrical Switchboard or Switchgear: 1 year (Preferred)