BelFlex has a Direct Hire Opportunity with offer of relocation assistance for a client in Northern Alabama.
Leading manufacturer and marketer of products and services used in the transmission, distribution and measurement of water in North America, has an opening for an Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) Manager based in our Albertville, AL Facility.
The primary function of this position is to provide technical expertise and support in the development and implementation of the overall EHS Management System (EHSMS) for our world class fire hydrant foundry. This will require working closely with the location management teams, Local Steel Workers Union, EHS departments, and line supervision ensuring they understand their roles and responsibilities within the EHS Management System. Additional duties include creating, administering, and continuously improving site-specific processes and plans; preparing applications and reports for air, water, and solid material permits and interfacing with appropriate personnel in maintaining the safety and environmental responsibilities in equipment design, repair, maintenance and operation.
· Develop and execute short and long-term EHS strategy
· Develop, implement and continuously improve all environmental, health, safety, and sustainability elements within the EHSMS
· Drive the completion and continuous improvement of core processes such as Risk Assessment, START, Training, Incident Analysis, and Committee Meetings
· Assist Plant Manager with development of EHS Staff and Supervisors’ annual goals
· Lead the operation in our Safety, Excellence and Leadership (SEAL) program to drive our safety culture, policies and procedures
· Provide technical advice, coaching, guidance, and mentoring to the Staff, Supervisors, and EHS Leaders
· Liaise with regulatory agencies and various stakeholders
· Create and implement site-specific Level III procedures, as needed
· Strong knowledge of OSHA regulations, including such programs as: silica, respiratory protection, machine guarding, LOTO, hoists and cranes, hearing conservation, confined space, and electrical
· Lead the Management of Change process
· Manage the timely closure of compliance, risk management, and EHSMS audit findings
· Update EHSMS with applicable regulatory changes/updates, as needed
· Maintain/manage EHS budget
· Administer programs currently required by state, local regulations
· Oversee development of permit applications for solid and hazardous waste (Form R, Form A, Tier II, solid waste landfill)
· Serve as liaison with local, state, and Federal compliance regulatory personnel, including said officials on any necessary tours and/or inspections
· Assist the EHS Director in the implementation of company-wide safety and sustainability initiatives and programs
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of employees and outside professionals. Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple tasks and determine priorities.
· Proven ability in the development of processes from conception through integration into an EHS Management System is important.
· Bachelor’s degree in EHS, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Safety, Ergonomics, Industrial Hygiene, or closely related degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
· CSP, CHMM, and/or CIH is preferred; ability to acquire certifications required
· Minimum five years’ experience in managing environmental, occupational health or safety programs within a manufacturing environment, eight years experience preferred. Foundry experience is a plus.
· Demonstrated experience in a technical and/or managerial role implementing and managing environmental and sustainability programs.
· Regulatory knowledge of: Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, RCRA-Hazardous Waste and Dangerous Waste management and reporting, EPCRA, Toxic Release Inventory Reporting, Discharge Monitoring reports, Pollution Prevention.
· ISO 45001, ISO 14001 and VPP experience is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 – $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
- EHS: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person