Call 864-757-1611 or text 833-948-2234 for more info
Summary: Verifies quantity, quality, labeling, and addressing of products and items ready for shipment as well as loading trucks and receiving product as needed, by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Pulls orders for shipment from warehouse inventory including inter-company orders for delivery. Verifies the accuracy of all shipments. Pulls all orders for next day shipment before leaving work.
- Operate Forklift and Cherry Picker
- Stages and prepares orders for shipment while making sure the items are packaged neatly.
- Separates material to shipping points. Loads outgoing shipments onto trucks and ships orders on common carriers. Ensures all tagged material is double checked before shipment.
- Fills bin areas to keep the products available for pulling orders. Keeps racks and bin areas neat. Also maintains the cleanliness of the warehouse and grounds.
- Organizes pallets and stacks in a safe area. Stages all material in the proper area.
- Reports to the supervisor/manager any improvements or areas of concern.
- Completes all shipping paperwork in a timely manner and notifies salesperson if the material is short.
- Counts, weighs, measures, or examines packaging and contents of items for conformance to company specifications.
- Affixes postage on packages and ships motor freight packages and pipe.
- Cross trains in the fabrication shop to groove, thread and cut pipe.
- Compares items packed with customer orders and other identifying data.
- Ensures all material pulled is done from the location indicated by the gun. Back order material is not ordered without the supervisor’s authorization.
- Wraps skids, tapes them up, identifies them, and loads them onto the correct truck.
- Assists with putting both pipe and stock away as needed.
- Assists the 2nd shift supervisor as needed on checking trucks, loading pipe and other duties as needed.
- Reports for work on time and on a regular basis.
- The 2nd Shift Shipping Associate will spend the majority of each shift inside the warehouse, working at a steady, productive pace, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- picking orders to go out on 2nd Runs, UPS and Fedex Shipments, and Next Day Deliveries.