Call us NOW 812-537-0055, Text us at 833-938-1393,or APPLY NOW at www.belflex.com!
Unlimited Referral Bonuses!
Hours: Wed-Sun 7pm- 3:30am
Temp to Hire
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Responsible for safe and efficient production of food products, including quality and quantity control, par levels, food storage, and product rotation, cutting, slicing, sauté, frying, mixing, grilling, etc.
- Responsible for commissary and/or main kitchen production of batch recipes and hot and cold food preparation work.
- Follows Standard Operational Procedures (SOP’s) and production list to meet required par levels and specifications for assigned station or duties at Hollywood Casino.
- Maintains Board of Health sanitation standards, kitchen and personal hygiene and cleanliness, as well as food service techniques and safety, all with regard to the safe handling of food products for guests’ consumption.
- Displays knowledge of all emergency procedures.
- Communicates on a consistent basis with supervising chef, keeping them abreast of department activities, and ensures that kitchen and equipment are in good working order and that the work area is clean and hazard-free. Notifies supervising chef immediately if kitchen and equipment are not in good, safe working order.
- Works efficiently with co-workers in any kitchen environment.
- Provides positive communication and uses Red Carpet Service skills with every patron and co-worker.
- Performs duties in a safe manner; reports any potential safety hazards to management staff.
- Performs any reasonable, temporarily assigned job duties outside the position’s job description where, in the Company’s judgment, those duties are necessary in the interest of efficiency, productivity, or guest service.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Entry-level Cook experience and knowledge and experience in the use of kitchen equipment such as knives, stoves, ovens, fryers, steamers, choppers, grinders, mixers, sealers, etc. Serve-safe certified preferred.
- Must be able to read, write legibly, understand, and speak English.
- Ability to tolerate second-hand smoke, noise, and bright lights.
- Ability to work at a fast pace in often crowded/noisy environment.
- Must meet professional appearance standards as prescribed by company policy.
- Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed.
- The position requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., push or pull 150 to 250 lbs. on a pushcart, and enter walk-ins of -10 degrees to 140 degrees FaHRenheit with or without assistance. Must be able to handle heat from cooking appliances, glassware, and washing machines. Requires normal or corrected vision range, with the ability to distinguish letters, numbers, and symbols. Ability to stand for duration of shift, walk frequently, bend and/or reach to a height of 6 feet with or without assistance (stand, sit, walk, lift, reach, push, pull, grasp).
At BelFlex Staffing Network, we work harder and smarter to help our employees thrive, customers succeed and communities to grow. Its our passion and we call it SUCCEEDING TOGETHER!